I’m Back

Posted by

I can’t believe I’ve let this blog go without an update for almost 8 months. I know no one on this planet wakes up in the morning and says “I hope AngryAP.com updates today!” But I would like to think that my posts add a sliver of enjoyment for the few minutes it takes to read them. The lack of posts was partly due to the typical abandoned Disney internet blog excuse. That excuse is lack of time to actually make blog posts. It is true that I have less time to blog now, but it’s not like I’m a super busy important person (I am, in fact, none of those things). 

The biggest reason why I have only done 2 posts in the last 12 months is that all my creative energy is required for my job. I am a full time researcher/blogger for TouringPlans.com. Part of this job requires me to do multiple blog posts and YouTube videos each week. Basically, anything entertaining or informative that comes out of my brain needs to go in to my work. I am not a entertaining or informative person, so you can see why work gets about 95% of what I write about (the other 5% being my personal twitter). I started working for them in June, 2012 and I’ve loved almost every minute of it. They pay me to visit and write about Disney. It’s a dream job and I wake up every day in shock of how lucky I am.
The thing about being paid to blog about Disney is that your posts usually have to have mass appeal. None of the TouringPlans readers will care if write about a Fantasmic cassette tape from 1992. But they will care if I tell them what attractions are going to be closed on their next visit and how it will affect their touring of the parks. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But here’s the thing, I really like blogging about obscure Disney things. That’s why I decided I have to find a way to make AngryAP work again. I have an itch, every time I look at anything from my collection of Disney items I think “I’d love to blog about this!” 
So that’s where I’m at. I can’t not update this blog anymore, it’s calling to me. I’ll hopefully be updating at least twice a month. Also, I’m going to move away from reviewing old maps and vintage pictures. Those kind of posts made up the bulk of what I did at the beginning of this blog’s life and I’m ready to try something new. Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the new posts! They will start right now with my Main Street Electrical Parade VHS Tape Case Review!

Leave a Reply